Last updated: 4th November 2022
Meantre Proprietary Limited (trading as ByMindSide (us, we, or our) operates the ByMindSide website and Application (the Platforms). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal information (Personal Information) we receive from users of the platforms. Personal Information is information we hold which is identifiable as being about you.
We use your Personal Information only for providing and improving the platforms. By using the platforms, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
We respect your right to privacy and are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers and platform visitors. We adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act). This policy sets out how we collect and treat your Personal Information.
3. Collection of information
- We will, from time to time, receive and store Personal Information you enter onto our platforms, provided to us directly or given to us in other forms.
- When you register for an account with us, we may ask for and collect Personal Information such as your:
- date of birth;
- phone number;
- email address;
- interests and experiences;
- And other information required by your organisation for the purposes of using the platforms, which may include the department you work in and state you reside in.
- If you decide to provide it, we may also collect sensitive information (Sensitive Information) from you. Sensitive Information includes but is not limited to information about or pertaining to your;
- sexual orientation;
- religious beliefs;
- We will only collect Sensitive Information from you if you agree to provide it to us. We will only use Sensitive Information in accordance with the Privacy Act and for the purposes for which it is provided.
4. How we collect your Personal Information
- We collect Personal Information from you in a variety of ways, including when you interact with us electronically or in person, when you access our platforms and when you use the platforms for its intended purpose.
5. Use of your information
- We may use Personal Information collected from you to provide you with information, updates and our services. We may also make you aware of new and additional products, services and opportunities available to you. We may use your Personal Information to improve our products and services and better understand your needs.
- We may contact you by a variety of measures including, but not limited to telephone, email, sms or mail.
- We may use your Sensitive Information to provide statistical data to the organisation in which you are employed or affiliated with.
- We also collect, hold, use and disclose your Personal Information to:
- notify you about the details of new services and products offered by us;
- send you our newsletters and other marketing publications;
- administer our databases for client service, marketing and financial accounting purposes; and
- to comply with our legal requirements regarding the collection and retention of information concerning the products and services that we provide.
- If you do not wish to disclose your Personal Information for the purpose of direct marketing or you would like to opt-out of receiving direct marketing communications, you can do so by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Disclosure of your Personal Information
- We may disclose your Personal Information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Personal information is only supplied to a third party when it is required for the delivery of our services.
- We may from time to time need to disclose Personal Information to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, in the course of a legal proceeding or in response to a law enforcement agency request.
- We may also use your Personal Information to protect our copyright, trademarks, legal rights, property or safety of our staff, customers or third parties.
- Information that we collect may from time to time be stored, processed in or transferred between parties located in countries outside of Australia.
- If there is a change of control in our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user databases, together with any Personal Information and non-personal information contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser under an agreement to maintain confidentiality. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith and where required by any of the above circumstances.
- Your Sensitive Information will not be disclosed to any party unless you elect for it to be disclosed, or if it is required by law.
7. Security of your information
- We are committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Personal and Sensitive information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
- All information, including but not limited to chat transcripts and Personal Information is encrypted during transmission. We use standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption that encodes information for such transmissions. All information received is maintained on secure servers in encrypted format. Access to stored information is protected by multi-layered security controls including encryption, role-based access controls, and passwords.
8. Access to your information
- You may request details of Personal and Sensitive Information that we hold about you. A small administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. If you would like a copy of the information, which we hold about you or believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please email us at email@example.com
- We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with information that we hold about in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
9. Peer Support Interactions
While we generally do not monitor interactions between users, we may occasionally review the transcripts to conduct quality control, address potential safety issues, and prevent misuse of our platform, if certain suspicious or potentially harmful activity is detected. We may also use aggregated data from transcripts to conduct research and development. In reviewing this information, we will maintain all applicable confidentiality and privacy standards.
10. AssessmentsPeriodically, your organisation may offer the opportunity to assess your emotional wellness based on pulse survey questionnaires where you will be asked to provide Personal Information. It is your choice to participate in these assessments; not participating will not prevent you from participating in any other aspect of the platforms.
11. Technical Support Requests
If you need technical support related to our platforms, you will need to define and clarify your technical support request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or your organisation’s dedicated support email alias if one exists. When submitting a technical support request, you may be asked to provide Personal Information, including an email address and a description of the issue. When you contact us, we keep a record of email and chat communications to address and resolve any issues you are facing.
12. Welfare Assurance
We may disclose your Personal Information directly to law enforcement or local authorities in the event that it has been reasonably determined that your safety or the safety of others may be at risk.
14. Complaints About Privacy
If you have any complaints about our privacy practices, please feel free to send in details of your complaints to email@example.com. We take complaints very seriously and will respond shortly after receiving notice of your complaint.
- When you visit our platforms, we may collect certain information such as browser type, operating system, platforms visited immediately before coming to our platforms, etc. This information is used in an aggregated manner to analyse how people use our platforms, such that we can improve our service.
- Our platforms may from time to time have links to other platforms not owned or controlled by us. These links are meant for your convenience only. Links to third party platforms do not constitute sponsorship or endorsement or approval of these platforms. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practises of other such platforms. We encourage our users to be aware, when they leave our platform, to read the privacy statements of each and every platform that collects personal identifiable information.
- Like many platform operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our platform (Log Data). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our platform that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
- The information generated by the cookie about your use of the platforms and products will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in your country of residence. Google will use the information on behalf of us for the purpose of evaluating your use of the platform and products, compiling reports on activity for us and providing us with other services relating to activity and internet usage. The IP address that your browser conveys within the scope of Google Analytics will not be associated with any other data held by Google. You may refuse the use of these cookies via the settings in your browser as explained above. You can also opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics in the future by downloading and installing Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on for your current web browser: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl+en